Outlook Business Solutions is passionate about making the digital world accessible to everyone. Whether you are a web developer, UX professional, or hiring manager, we want to partner with you to create truly inclusive environments.
We offer multiple trainings and presentations on accessibility. We can customize a presentation for your team or create a conference breakout session that will engage an audience. We can present virtually or in-person.
Our offered trainings include:
Accessibility Basics for Businesses
As a business owner or manager, you’re likely aware of the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements for brick-and-mortar locations. Did you know your digital properties, such as websites and apps, may also be covered by the ADA?
This training teaches business leaders about the market and legal risks of web inaccessibility, including:
- The astonishing size of the disabled market’s discretionary income
- The rapid growth of web accessibility lawsuits under the ADA
- What you can do now to bring your website closer to compliance
A brief introduction to screen reading technology is also provided.
We can customize this training if needed to fit the needs of your team.
Accessibility for Developers
If you are a web developer or UX designer, this training is for you. This workshop will give you some basic guidance to start making your digital properties more accessible to people with disabilities right away. We cover:
- The business case for accessibility: mitigating market and legal risk
- How assistive technology actually works: live demo
- The most common digital accessibility errors and how to avoid them
We can customize this training if needed to fit the needs of your team. Subscribing to our Ally Support program gets you the full two-hour workshop at no extra cost.
The Untapped Talent Pool
Hiring managers and HR professionals are always looking for the perfect candidate to fill open positions. But did you know inaccessible parts of the application process can unintentionally exclude people with disabilities? Only 12.6 percent of people with disabilities are employed, which means multiple opportunities exist to find the talent you need to grow your business.
In this training, we shed some light on the importance of including disability in DEI initiatives and how to do it. We cover:
- Barriers encountered by applicants with disabilities
- What employers can do to not exclude people with disabilities in the workplace
- Steps you can take right now to make your hiring and training materials accessible
This training can also be customized to fit your needs.
The Importance of Social Media Accessibility
Social media allows businesses to engage with customers and share their offerings with the world. But accidentally creating inaccessible social media posts can prevent 25 percent of our population from seeing and interacting with your content because of a disability.
Join Outlook Business Solutions to learn how to make sure people with disabilities can access your social media posts. After this webinar, you will have the skills you need to make your social media posts accessible to everyone. We’ll cover:
- Social media and disability usage statistics
- How to avoid social media accessibility errors
- How assistive technology works with social media platforms: live demo
Let’s get started!
Our previous presentation audiences include the Nebraska Tech Collaborative, The AIM Institute, and the Nonprofit Association of the Midlands. Our internal team workshop clients include Omaha Media Group.
View our previous speaking engagements. Call Natalie Hadley at 531.365.5347 for more details and pricing.