Accessibility Advisory Council
Interested in increasing the web’s availability for all? We may be looking for you.
Who are we?
We are Outlook Business Solutions, an organization with a mission of providing knowledge-based roles to individuals with vision loss and other disabilities. One of our service offerings, Ally Support, focuses on assisting application and web developers as well as content creators in expanding their market share by ensuring their digital properties are accessible to people of all abilities. Our goal is to develop a bench of testers that use technologies in diverse ways to provide organizations with a holistic understanding of how applications and websites are used so they can make appropriate adjustments.
Purpose of our council
To advise on core aspects of our accessibility business to ensure that the direction we are headed is attractive to organizations that create digital properties. We will be looking for feedback on processes, product offerings, training materials, legal documents like an accessibility statement, and market trends from an outside perspective.
How will you benefit?
- You will get the opportunity to network with other council members and find out how they are emphasizing accessibility in their products and services.
- The creativity of others may spark effective solutions that can be taken back to your organization.
- Participating in our council shows your dedication to diversity and inclusion.
Who are we looking for?
3-5 professionals who:
- Aspire to provide mentoring and help a startup blossom.
- Have an interest and experience in the tech and accessibility space.
- May be able to provide additional expertise in areas such as marketing, product development, legal, and/or testing.
- Are willing to share their experience and ideas.
- Will be our advocates in the marketplace as we continue to grow.
What will you be doing?
- Providing feedback as we update processes, offerings, and literature.
- Sharing ideas, stories, and guidance so we can avoid passed missteps that you have seen in the space.
- Assisting us in staying up to date with industry trends.
- Advocating for us as we grow our business.
Our advisory council will be made up of 3-5 members selected by the Outlook Business Solutions internal management team who will act in an advisory role as our business evolves. While members will not vote on decisions made by Outlook Business Solutions, they can provide valuable input that will be taken into consideration as we determine the best course of action.
- Currently, this council is strictly voluntary, and we estimate 3-4 hours a quarter.
- We hope council members will be with us for a one-year term at minimum.
- Accessibility Testing Manager will have half hour meetings on a quarterly basis with council to provide progress of business and obtain input.
- We expect council members to attend at least 3 meetings a year.
- Accessibility Testing Manager will provide brief monthly updates to council as changes take place.
- We encourage council members to ask questions and provide input at any time.
Contact us for more information about the council.
Diana Criser, Securities America
Ken Nakata, Converge Accessibility
Jeff Singleton, Converge Accessibility