Deciding to bring on a freelance writer for copywriting services depends on your business goals and objectives. Do you need more time to concentrate on other areas of your business? Is writing difficult for you? Does someone else in your business have the skills to do your business writing?
A freelance writer is generally self-employed or works for a marketing firm. They offer writing services for Business to Consumer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) companies. As the internet has become more prolific, great content is very important. Your business can stand out from other businesses with fresh and meaningful content. Freelance writers usually work for more than one client and often in many different industries. They can write anything from blogs and social media posts to instruction manuals and white papers. They can save you time and money, as well as provide a fresh perspective to your business’s literature.
Business to Consumer markets
The goal of most B2C writing is to convince a consumer to try, buy and continue to use your product or service. This type of writing includes blog posts, marketing materials, web content, social media, newsletters, press releases and advertisements. This content helps your customers better understand your product and is usually creative and persuasive. A good writer understands how to connect with a consumer to help them better understand your business.
B2C writing is not as technical as B2B writing. A writer may still need to do some research to understand your product or service, but ultimately, they could be your future customer. Their job is to convey the message, so that the consumer’s interest is piqued about your product or service.
Business to Business markets
If your business sells to other businesses, then the type of writing that you usually need is more technical and will require thorough research. A freelance writer will need to get to know and understand your industry, but they can be very effective writers in this area. For instance, did you know that only 12 percent of adults in the United States read at a ninth- or tenth-grade level? Some publications write at a third-grade level for better comprehension by a larger percentage of the population.
B2B writing usually includes white papers, instruction manuals, emails, articles and blogs about business improvements or new technologies. A B2B writer will create content marketing that benefits the company as a whole.
Freelance writing services
Freelancers offer a wide variety of copywriting services depending on your needs. Some types of writing that you may consider outsourcing are:
- Blogs – You’ll want to hire a writer that is good at storytelling. Their job is to get people to read the blog and share it. The ultimate goal is to make it go viral.
- Web Content – A good writer knows and understands Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and they will incorporate that knowledge as they build content for your website. Customer research is helpful for understanding what motivates your consumers. Keyword research narrows the focus on what your customer really wants to know.
- Emails – A writer needs to be concise and convincing. They will persuade potential customers to action.
- Marketing Materials – A good copywriter once again needs to understand the consumer through research. They will help position your product, overcome obstacles, tell stories and convince the customer to purchase.
- Social Media – If you didn’t grow up in the social media craze, it can be hard to understand how and why it is so important to your business. You can hire a freelancer to manage your social media strategy from creating content to posting regularly.
- White Papers, How-to Manuals and Other Technical Materials – It is good if the freelance writer you hire has knowledge of your industry, but it isn’t always necessary. You can share information with them so they can become well-versed in your industry. Once a writer is familiar with your industry, they can create easily comprehensible content.
Freelance writers can provide copywriting services that create content to help your business and take stress off of you. They can help free up your time so you can concentrate on other aspects of growing your business. If your business could use a freelance writer, we’re here to help. Contact Outlook Business Solutions to learn more.